Lynn much like myself loves the 80's so we had ourselves an 80's costume party. It was a blast.
We even got miss Rachel all done up in the 80's garb, and she was stuck on a secluded island for the entire decade so she knew little about the trends. She is also threatening to continue to use the fanny pack for her knitting, though we politely explained numerous times that while we're sorry she missed the 80's...that does NOT give her permission to re-live them now. Especially not with acid washed fanny packs :)
And I made a Rubik's cube cake to honor the occasion. Here's the guest of honor with her cake...doesn't this picture make her look like its her 14th birthday party? :)
And the entertainment was killer. At one point, passerby's on the street were stopping to watch the dancing going on through the window.
All in all it was a great time and an appropriate send off to such a great friend. We're all gonna miss our flip floppin' mamma VERY much and I was honored to be able to throw a party to celebrate her :)
And we're already planning our next party. Only this time, we're draggin the hubbies along for the ride...they'll be SO happy! :)

2 comments:
Thanx for throwing the party! It was sooo much fun.
SO MUCH FUN!!! After looking at these outfits and hair I will have to say, for once, I'm glad I am older..lol!
I couldn't have asked for a better party!
Post a Comment